Sunday, September 17, 2006

Home AGAIN!

Just got home after a quick down to

The weather was incredible.. soo cool in the evening and so warm in the day. We started out Saturday doing a little yard sale shopping. Amanda was successful at finding a kitchen table-- She quickly put the outdoor table back on the deck which we thoroughly enjoyed eating at for dinner. And then it was off to the football game!

After alittle shopping in downtown Blacksburg we hit the grocery store and Home Depot, but sadly for Mike there was no trip planned for Walmart... And then finally home for Dinner on the deck
Today was the ZETA parents brunch--Yummy buffet and awards at the Holiday Inn across from Campus. The girls did a wonderful job of hosting this event and I think all the parents were proud of their girls. Amanda was recognized for her work as Alumni Chair-- and she presented three Moms who were VT ZETA's themselves with a picture frame. Shes worked very hard at this position which apparently has been neglected in the past few years. And it seems to be paying off for her as the alumni are very appreciative for being thought of and contacted.
I have to really thank Mike for his patience this weekend because throughout all the activities I got alittle sidetracked and went on a hunt for Hokie birds-- You see there are all these different Hokie birds scattered around Blacksburg as part of a campaign called
Gobble de Art --Each bird was created by a different artist and each is very unique--I got it in my mind that I could take pictures of all 75!! And the scavenger hunt began-- We had Mike making quick turns here and there... pulling over on the side of the road as we jumped out into traffic and ran across the busy football weekend streets so that we could get the pictures-- Sadly I think I still need about 40 birds.. but we made quite a dent into my goal... had I only known there was a map of where they all were-- but I guess that would have taken the fun out of it!!--oh well... maybe they will still be there for my next trip!!

1 comment:

kok said...

I LIKE the Hokie birds...adn amanda , you look fine...