Sunday, January 20, 2008

Driving driving driving

Amanda is stuck in Blacksburg with her sorority recruitment duties and my job for the weekend was to check a few venues off the list. My trustee sidekick (the groom) and I headed out to Remington to visit The Inn at Kellys Ford. Even in the snow this was a lovely place. But it was so far out into the boonies that it immediately got a black mark in my book. And it was pricey-- very pricey. But it did have a lovely reception hall that could double as a ceromony spot if the weather didn't cooperate for an outdoor ceremony. Versitilty was the lesson of the day, keeping guests moving. With each spot visited I am learning something new.
Then it was on to the Regancy at Dominion Valley. Another country club that seemed to have good layout, multiple rooms and only one event per day. We added it to the list for Amanda to take a look at. Corey was a good sport through out it all but has already taken the stance that its all about the Bride.

Probably the hightlight of the day was stopping by the "new inlaws to be" to see Owen and Andrew. Coreys sister was in town and I hadn't seen the new baby yet!! Gotta love baby grins and pudgy cheeks. I observed something new today-- the old saying that Girls marry men like their daddys may be true but I have to add that boys marry girls like their sisters. Heather and Amanda could be twins... their personalities are soo alike. Same humor, Same converstions, same attitudes. After spending the afternoon with her I totally understand Amandas relationship with her and why they get along so well. I pity Corey as he will have a lifetime with these two scheming-- he doesn't stand a chance! Its nice knowing that we are merging families that can get along. Certainly a pleasant way to start off.

No comments: