Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mothers Day the condensed version

My house seems really quiet tonight... My parents have gone home, Madison has gone home and both kids poof gone...
We had such a nice Mothers Day in spite of the raging floods going on outside-- it was nice and peaceful inside. Both kids were home Saturday night and we all got to spend the day lounging for Mothers Day... And my mom was here too... couldn't ask for much more than that! And for dinner??? Dad and Christopher went out and brought us home Crab legs, Clams and Shrimp!!! And despite the pouring rain and hurricane winds Mike moved the grill close to the back door and cooked up some yummy steaks!! Yes I know the diet is shot to hell... but hey It was Mothers Day..
Of course we paid for that peaceful day--Monday every road I tried was closed due to floods. It took me until 10am to get to work and it was not better on the way home. I added an additional 20 miles to my trip home and saw some back roads I don't think I have ever seen before... Spring has got to be coming soon right???

No comments: