Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter at the shore!

So we spent Easter at the shore this year--- the Jersey Shore that is!! I would have never imagined myself going that far north for anything never the less a holiday-- but I wanted to see where Amanda lived before she moved yet again.. and it was worth it. From her front porch you can see the ocean.. yes she is that close! And While I wasn't getting in --the dogs sure loved running the beach! Maizy thought the sand was grand but still showed no interest in swimming like Cooper and Madison!!

We got to Jersey on Friday afternoon and we spent the rainy Saturday helping Amanda look for a new place that was centrally located between Corey's new job and hers and would take the dogs... Corey and Cooper arrived Saturday night... it didn't take Maizy long figure out that cooper would hold the bone while she chewed.
And while Amanda's fridge may have been bare-- part of the master plan so we could try all the cool resturants in town--she did ensure she had eggs for dying!!
Posted by Picasa

I didn't think I would like the shore much-- but after driving around, and walking the boardwalk and seeing the beach I realized it was really a nice place. Their next house won't be on the beach like this one but they will still be really really close which means our next visit might actually be warm enough to hit the waves... but before that I think a trip south is in order because we have not one but two kids living near the waves... I see another weekend trip in my future!!

No comments: