Sunday, October 25, 2009

the results are in

So remember all those green tomato's? Well I still have a ton but we have been trying out recipes... Fried Green tomatoes not a hit as far as Mike was concerned... but I think we should give it another try-- as it was a bad cooking night for me.. they might have been alittle over cooked... (Ok maybe burnt is a better word for what happened!---I get my cooking skills from my mom) But Green Tomato Cake-- Yummy!! It tastes alot like a spice cake--cinnamon and nutmeg out weigh the green tomatoes-- which by the way are pretty sweet to the taste-- Next time we make this--and yes there will be a next time.. the brown butter frosting will not be one it.... while it tasted OK it doesn't spread well on a bundt cake and certainly did nothing for its appearance.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: