Tuesday, August 07, 2007

gifts


If you wake up early enough mother nature will surprise you with treats like this! I have waited all summer for this one flower-- and it took until August for my dreams to become reality!
Mike set up this little water garden for me so that I could grow all the pretty water plants that my Koi seem to want to eat in peace. No more dumped pots with dirt all over the big pond, no more little nubs where they ate every thing--Whats amazing though is that this garden has taken on a life of its own. Its turned into its own little eco-system-- We have more and more frogs every day-- (not the same variety as the big pond), the goldfish are multiplying and the plants are seem to be taking root quite well.
It has taken Madison all summer but even she has found her place in the water garden--The frogs have kept her from drinking the water until now-- but she finally made peace with them

No comments: