Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Amanda is 19


I finally feel like I have recovered from the weekend... between the heat and the late nights yesterday was truely a MONDAY.... Amanda turned 19 yesterday... and somehow her birthday seemed to take over the weekend.. She and Corey had a few friends over Saturday night, very relaxing evening with Brooke, Mike and Jay and us old folks hanging by the pond with a fire... but in a blink of an eye it was way past my bed time.. 1am.... and then Sunday we had her grandparents over for lunch and then the kids had a cookout to celebrate Amandas birthday--The early evening hot dog roast turned into playing horseshoes in the dark and again a fire by the pond..

And somehow on Saturday I managed to sqeeze in time to buy a new Washer and dryer-- That was alot harder than I thought it would be... see I still love mine..alot... but I am giving them to Amanda so I stood in Lowes looking them all over and really they seemed so expensive for such a mundane task-- Do I really need to see my clothes as they go through the spin cycle??? I guess so.. I ended up with a Maytag Neptune set...and you ask why that model... The door seemed sturdy!! hehehe and heck with a name like neptune it certainly made washing clothes sound alittle more fun.... so much for market research!

No comments: