Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Quick recap

Lack of sleep is taking its toll on me. I don't understand where the insomnia is coming from- although all signs point towards stress. As a walking zombie all I can think of is going home and going to bed--but having been here before I know I have to keep up with a normal schedule if there is ever hope in actually sleeping again. One would think that after days of this sleep would just come but instead its like someone forgot to turn the light switch off. So I lay there --mulling over all of lifes problems, trying to figure out answers to questions that haven't been asked of me and wondering how we got to where we are now.


That said I spent a wonderful day Saturday with Amanda. We went to the scrapbooking convention in Chantilly. Because I wasn't sure if I was actually going to go or not I never bought tickets to any classes and online signup was over on Thursday when she sprung the news that she would go, we had to scramble to a plan B. And did we scramble --Amanda drove to the convention center Friday morning after class and made her way through the mini van moms (her words not mine!) and signed us up for two Rusty Pickle classes.
And yes of course the first one was at 8am.... after a night of way to much wine 6am came early for me and I celebrated the day with a hangover and of course lack of sleep... But we shopped, cutted and pasted and enjoyed our time out without Corey and Mike. And while Amanda admitted that she just doesn't have the time or money for the addiction she was impressed enough to get an SEI kit and a canvas project kit. Quick and Easy and still alot of fun to put together.

For the second week in a row we were able to have a Sunday Family dinner that included the entire family-- we were happy to have Christopher and Tiffany come spend the day and of course Corey and Amanda. And then Jackie, Matthew and Brian joined in the fun. The pouring rain was alittle much and we were stuck indoors but alittle Ice Cream cake can cure the blues.

No comments: