Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July



Just drove back from the lake-- the good the bad and the ugly is how I described it to Mike...and to make it worse Bonnie was no where to be found (she did arrive from who knows where about a half hour after I was home)-- anyway traveling on the 4th is GOOD-- really no traffic at all..as a matter of fact on 295 I was pretty much alone... the BAD? well before the split as I was singing loudly (to myself) the radio came on with one of those BEEPPPPPPPP weather alert things you know that annoying sound followed by "from the National Weather service a severe Thunderstorm warning with Large damaging hail and 60 mile an hour winds is in effect until 7pm in Colonial Heights, Petersburg and Henrico Counties..." at about that same time I looked up and saw the big green sign that said Petersburg 20 miles, Colonial Heights 13 miles --Ha do I stop? do I turn around? do I try and out run it? I talked to myself (outloud since I was alone)and made the decision to keep moving... worst case senerio I pull over-- it certainly can't flood right??? -- Well I got lucky and never saw but a drop of rain. But the trip wasn't over and between the hunger I felt and the hunger the truck had for gas a stop in Thornburg was in order... here comes the Ugly-- after getting gas for whatever reason the truck wasn't gonna stay running.. it stalled out as quick as I got it into gear-- and sputtered as I got it going forward... as I tried to remain calm I slowly moved it to a large parking lot where I drove in circles, starting, stalling, stopping, starting, turning it off.. a spectical probably to the diners at the Burger King but I knew it couldn't be broken-- it had to be just a malfunction... eventually it started to purr and off I went--
A few days at home--and then back to North Carolina to get Mike and Madison--

No comments: