Wednesday, February 14, 2007

winter disguise

It looks like snow, its cold like snow but hold on because this is Sleet! Talk about an odd storm we had last night. We got snow for a good part of the morning and then last night you could hear the sleet hitting the roof, the deck and the ground. And this is what we woke up to! Looks like a winter wonderland of Snow but one step outside and you realize its all ICE. So after staying home yesterday because of the threat of freezing rain I took the morning off to wait to see if this would melt away-- it did not-- but the plow trucks worked all night and made the roads passable in most spots. As a matter of fact Mike has been out there since Midnight...18 hours and counting...

Ms. Bonnie who has always hated the indoor life is refusing to go out.. I guess she doesn't like the crunch under her feet or the slippery deck stairs.. I thought I could shoval it tonight... but its rock hard and not budging. Spring is coming right?

Kinda liking this picture I took this morning... with the trees in the foreground and the snowy garage in the back.....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

kok said...

Thrash is so light he is sliding on the ice. Not good esp when he is in the middle of doing his bizness! Of course he runs around so much on it, I have resorted to carring an ice axe to give me a 'something' hold on the ice before i take another header.