Friday, September 07, 2007

Getting ready for racing

Its been a long week-- for a short week. So much for that "loving it" feeling of 2 days ago--- Works been tough--And I'm glad its over. Mikes down in Richmond at the Busch Race with Christopher and Uncle Mike.. and assorted other boys. I got the joyful job of working... again... but tomorrow bright and early I get to drive the big green truck (as Nick would say) and meet everyone at 8am for a day of Redneck games, BBQ and of course Racing.

We got a letter in the mail about a week ago and RIR has decided (I am sure after hearing numerous complaints) that the elevators would be open for everyone in the new stands. This is a good thing. We were able to use them last time because Mike has handicap tickets, but everyone we sat with had to endure the stairs... and lets just say it wasn't easy-- after huffing and puffing and a few choice words no one wanted to get up for a drink, snack or even use the restrooms. And they say by next year they will have installed an escalator to move people at least half way up... now for me thats just never gonna be an "extra" that I will use... My motto is just say no to escalators... but I am sure there are alot of racing fans looking forward to them.


No comments: