Tuesday, September 25, 2007

neighborly love

I've never complained about my neighbors-- certainly never complained out loud but 2 weeks ago I did the unthinkable I called the county on them... well not really them as they moved out and their former home is awaiting foreclosure. But after a year no grass cutting... and a year of misqueto's breeding like rabbits I had had enough... We had done some sleuthing first.. every time we saw someone over there we made a mad dash to quiz them.. seems the bank sends people over to bid on jobs (this place is a disaster and heavily mortgaged) but never actually hires anyone... but slowly we have accumulated phone numbers which Mike has no problem dialing and harrassing... and I yes I called the county... seems we aren't the only ones with issues... they have a whole department allocated to investigating tall grass, people who park junkers in their yard and who are creating unsightly messes in their yards.... not one to throw stones... as we can create our own Sanford and Son mess from time to time... and we have been known to let the grass go ankle high from time to time (although its usually a rain issue not a neglect issue) but seriously a year with mowing thats getting alittle outlandish even for us "patient" folks...
I actually would be happy to have some NICE neighbors... perhaps someone who loved to walk dogs when I was out of town... or who had a cup of sugar when I was in need.... I guess we will wait and see..

No comments: