Monday, December 31, 2007

New year and new resolutions

I remember like it was yesterday how we waited with anticipation for the new year to come in 2000... And tonight we herald in another new year. Exactly where did 2007 go? The pages of the calendar seem to fly off the refrigerator before I can even doodle on them. While the year has flown by (again) it was a good year-- Full of happiness- Full of firsts--and full of memories. Both kids moved-- Christopher to a place all his own and Amanda to a houseful of roommates. A learning experience for both, My brother in law got married and had a little girl, Mike and I took not one vacation but two-- Alaska how do you top that?? For me it was sharing it with my parents-- Then there was Scotland the trip of unknowns and adventures. Amanda got engaged to the love of her life and was offered a job for after graduation. Yes I would say it was a very good year.

And on to 2008-- Today as Mike and I were making an afternoon snack he told me to eat up today because tomorrow we starve... I guess that will be the first resolution. We will join the millions of other people who had pie one too many times in the last week and we will DIET.

On Ali Edwards blog today she wrote about her word for the new year. I like the concept but haven't found a word. Last year I think the word would have been SIMPLIFY. She also brought up project 365 which means taking a photo a day... not sure if I can do that-- but maybe slimmed down to project 52?? hahaha

Seriously though some resolutions:
1) Diet -- 15 pounds (hmmm that was on my list last year)
2) Print more photos
3) Back up photos on a more regular basis
4) Bring order to the chaos that is my basement.
5) Spend one day a month to learn more about photoshop
6) Get up and Get out-- alittle exercise would do a body good. Need a game plan for this one as I hate to get out... and the thought of sweating makes me.... well sweat..
7) Make time to read-- read anything... where does the time go?
8) Take notes, remember to write down what I'm thinking so I only have to do it once.

Ok I think I will stop at eight-- afterall we are only talking about 365 days right? If I devoted my time equally that would be about 46 days a piece.

Wishing you a bright and shiny new year--

No comments: