Saturday, December 22, 2007

Surprises, birthdays and bling


What a crazy whirlwind of happenings in the last few days. Christopher turned 25 yesterday-- but before that there was a BIG secret. Thursday night Corey and Cooper stopped by, rather Cooper bounded into the house and Corey followed carrying car parts... What I didn't know at the time was that in his pocket was something much "specialer". He went down and talked to Mike-- with car parts in hand and asked Mike if he could marry his daughter. How very sweet of him. Once that was taken care of he came up to the kitchen and showed me the box! I was sworn to secretcy-- Let me tell you that was hard. I purposely did not call her even though I knew she was driving home the next morning... I didn't even email her at work. I figured no contact was better then letting it slip. Can I tell you how long Friday was????

We called Christopher at the crack of dawn yesterday to wish him a happy birthday-- and later that afternoon he called to say we were doing a joint birthday dinner with Natalie at Joes Pizza. I still said nothing... my kids can not keep secrets from one another. Fast forward a few long hours and Amanda and Corey show up at the house... She was beaming and giddy and had yes! With ring the ring on her finger!
Corey had set up a treasure hunt with clues for her to follow-- She thought she was looking for Roses or treats for the dogs (one of the clues was to go to the closet where the dog food was kept) in the end he was waiting... apparently there were tears and hugs and an affirmative yes! Its a very funny story that is soo Amanda... but I will let her tell it some other day.


For Christophers Birthday, a few of his friends and Davids parents all met at Joes Pizza-- Lots of food and laughs . Of course the birthday boy didn't want to go home so instead we went Cosmic bowling. It took us two alleys before we could find a lane. It was girls against boys-- Brian, David, Corey and Christopher stood no chance against us girls..... Lets just say I hurt all over today-- but I beat the birthday boy in the final game.... by one point I beleive. It took three games but my league bowling skills finally kicked in! So much for 8 months of healing for my elbow-- I am probably back at square one... but it was worth it.




We did realize at some point in the evening that only a girl from Nokesville could spend the night she got engaged having pizza and bowling-- but hey it was her brothers birthday!

We got home too late for Cake and presents so we all had to wait for Christopher to get up at noon (his whole body clock is doing something that the rest of us can't) We never did eat cake... maybe tonight! But he did open presents...

No comments: