Thursday, February 07, 2008

Seek happiness

I try to stay away from the news, but this time of year you can't help but log alittle time watching our fellow Americans strut their stuff in hopes of becoming elected to the most powerful job in America. We seem to have a few heated debates in the office around election time. People are passionate about their views and I have come to realize that in life most people do not wish goodness or happiness on their fellow man.

Like the chicken and the egg--I am not sure which came first Political mudslinging and lies or the expectation that our government (fellow man) will lie. I have come to believe no one wants to see goodness or happiness. That people feel better if they can nitpick-- see the glass as half empty and assume the worst.

If you are striving for happiness, sunshine and goodness people don't know how to respond and find that instead of encouraging they feel its their job. no ! their duty to show you the half empty glass, to point out flaws and remind you that you can be just as miserable if only you followed their wisdom.

I have never thought of myself as someone who follows the crowd yet I have never been a trailblazer either. With every passing year my choices on life seem to sway more and more into a theory of goodness will prevail and if you aren't willing to seek happiness with me Fine But don't expect me to be miserable with you. Yes the rose colored glasses I choose to wear become darker and darker every year and I am ok with that.

No comments: