Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Lack of sleep for no reason other than Madison can't get the whole vertical vs horizontal thing right in bed... but I got moving enough to make Fruit salad and a potato casserole for today's Easter dinner.

No dyed eggs in my house this year... just doesn't seem right not to have egg salad and deviled eggs the week after Easter... of course Easter in March seems a bit off too. But the bunny did visit leaving the obligatory Chocolate bunnies...Too bad they aren't on anyones diet... I guess the bunny didn't get that memo.
Amanda came home for another 4 day weekend... (must be nice) and we used our time wisely looking at dresses... This has got to be my favorite part of wedding planning. There are so many styles and designs-- its a shame you only get one dress.... although I now understand people who marry seven and eight times (Liz Taylor) wedding planning is fun and choosing just one style dress or one theme is hard....doesn't seem fair... I think the whole process would be easier if she didn't look great in each and every dress she tried on....I can envision her wearing all of them! I think she has a style narrowed down--although for the sake of ultimate secrecy I won't share what that might be--but I will share this-- one of the front runners in my opinion... of course in the end its not my opinion or choice--she will know which dress to pick
We also looked at veils-- who knew there were so many styles, types and lengths.. and who knew that for alittle tulle they would charge upwards of $400 for those babies??? Definitely seeking out other shopping options! And a quick call to mom had her pulling out her veil! Now if only we could get her into the techno world to scan or take a picture of it and email it!! haha--I can see I am going to have to make detailed instructions on how to accomplish that task!
Still looking for a church to wear this finery in-- again we are learning that if you put the word wedding in front of anything people-- oh yes those god fearing Christians too--decide that there is money to be made.... Who knew we would have to be budget conscious looking for churches?? I think the process might be easier if I knew the Alexandria area better... Corey and Amanda did an initial search-- starting on the Internet-- Why don't churches put more information on their websites??? then by cruising the area... I have a feeling a few more drive arounds will be in order to find "the spot"-- if not we will all just commute from home! not the first choice but it just may be the best choice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Vicki!
I'm not sure if you are looking for a specific denomination of church, but my church has a super wonderful new minister and we are in Alexandria! Please contact Rev. Furr. Here is the website:
http://web.mac.com/fccalexandria/Site/Home.html

Sue