Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring came early to Williamsburg



We got so lucky-- took a little weekend trip down to Williamsburg and couldn't have asked for a better day to wander the streets of Colonial Williamsburg. 75 and Sunny! So refreshing to be out of doors without a coat and just enjoying the day. We walked the main street from one end to the other.. although the walk back was brisk because Mike reminded me that I could get a stamp from Williamsburg for my National Parks Passport-- and it was close to closing time... what we didn't realize until we found the "stamping place" was that it was a different kind of stamp--- I might just put mine in the passport anyway... because I worked so hard to get it!
We ventured out for a Seafood Buffet-- yep throwing diets to the wind.. I am positive that we have eaten there before.. perhaps when Mike and Bill were in a bowling tournament. To make a long story short.. we got our moneys worth-- Sat next to the piano player and ate in tune until I almost burst. Seriously --I had visions of that movie 7 deadly sins or something like that-- you know the one where the guy eats himself to death???
We did have a sad moment on our way home. We felt the need to go to the Williamsburg Pottery Factory-- once we found it we were shocked--it was pitiful! not the vibrant happening place we had been to years before. I was sad-- it smelled bad and where did the pottery go??? We wandered aisle after aisle from building to building... Only parted with $10 for a picture frame, mat and 3 elephant ear bulbs... Someone could have told us that the shopping Mecca formally known as the pottery factory was just about gone... I have been in dollar stores that were more fun! I guess some fond memories of the past should stay there and not tried to be relived...

No comments: