Thursday, March 27, 2008

not so caring healthcare

So wanna rant about our healthcare system??? Exactly what is the deal? We pay an incredible amount of money for healthcare every month...let just say it tops out over $450.... and today when I called to question why a 3 month mail order (supposedly the cheaper way) prescription cost me $350 I was politely told it was because I had the choice of a generic drug and I choose otherwise.... now normally if you go for the real thing you pay what they call tier 1 charges $60.00-- so in my mind I am thinking 60 x 3 months= $180.. but no if your doctor doesn't check the box that says no generic... and you choose brand name you pay the difference.... Does this sound right???? Why make brand name drugs if you aren't allowed to use them???? And without brand name drugs how can anyone make generics???
And since every insurance company has different rules.. its not like your doctor knows which drugs fall under which tier... I guess we have to take laptops to the doctors office from now on so we can check the website to figure out if we can afford our health care....
And the worse part... once you have the drugs its not like you can return them!!! so for now... these babies are worth $3.88 a day.... and geez for that price we might as well find a guy on the corner and find something that would add alittle excitement..
And when I asked Mike if he thought he could get his moneys worth (again its $3.88 a day) each day -- it was an emphatic NO---
So the question of the day... have you figured out your insurance company?? Is your healthcare providor worth what you pay???

No comments: