Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Nashville


After a few days of sleep-- really good sleep I might add I think I am finally rested from my weekend away! With all my plane mishaps my scrapping buddy Heidi and I actually landed right around the same time in Nashville and met up in the luggage carosel area. Thats a nice start!!

It was an odd weekend. This is the first time we had attended this event (Scrap Etc) but we had attended CKU at the same location two other times. The Gaylord in TN is a huge (ok GIGANTIC) conference center and you can easily get lost and spend hours looking for where you are supposed to be, but like I said we were seasoned pro's and it didn't take us but a few hours to gain our bearings. As always it is a gorgous location, I can't think of a better place to spend a weekend if you are going to be a captive in a hotel.

While our classes were good, and some of the speakers were amazing I think the oddness was due to the fact that we were used to a more "professional" event. The event hostess I think tried but its a hard act to follow when the CK machine has these types of events down to a science. And in many cases her idea totally failed... the closing session was a disaster. 600 women in one room with a poor sound system and not enough table space to do anything.... but don't get me wrong these little things did not dampen our fun... as a matter of fact I think this event I got the least amount of sleep than any of the others before.... Seems we would loose track of time... giggling does that to you and before we would know it is was 2:30am and our alarm (excuse me wake up call) would confuse us at the early hour of 7am each morning.

I am glad we went-- I am grateful I went with Heidi-- we always have an amazing time and I can't wait to figure out where we will go next year... the pact has been made no more TN trips... we need to spread our wings and find a new location!




No comments: