Monday, June 15, 2009

On the boat

We went to the lake this weekend and spent both days on the boat-- with sunny skys and no one on the water it seemed like the thing to do-- Maizy isn't all that thrilled with boating--even less thrilled about wearing her life jacket-- but eventually she found a spot that suited her... under the seats! We hadn't spent this much time on the boat in a long time and it was nice to get out and see some of our favorite old haunts and see how many houses have been built or remodeled.. Down on Stonehouse creek there were tons of new houses and sadly over on Lizard creek my dream house has become someones elses and they added a big ol screen porch to it and a new boat house.

A day on the boat without drifting through PeaHill Creek??? gotta do it and get alittle lunch-- Picnic on the Boat!! Of course our perfect weekend wouldnt be complete without Mike catching a big fish... Maizy wasn't too sure about the whole Kiss the Fish thing either... a good sniff was all she was willing to do!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jomama said...

Vicki,
I'm very new to blogging, so I hope I'm responding in the correct place for you to see.

Thanks so much for taking the time to view and respond. I have spent the week viewing scrap rooms online (excessive time...) and am overwhelmed with ideas and underwhemed with money. :)

Have you posted about your space? Are you going to follow te challenge?

Thanks again for your time and suggestions.
Jo

Jomama said...

Me again... sorry... I swear I'm not stalking :) but since you took the time to read my blog (and I'm so new to this) I looked through yours a bit. First, it's very eye appealing (you could definitely give me tips on setting up a blog - like where did you get your great background). Secondly, I read your post about your feelings post-wedding. If you have not journaled that in a scrapbook - you SO need to. I almost cried (maybe the fact that I have a 19 year old daughter helped). I hope you don't mind me posting something personal about your post..I'm an english teacher and always trying to get kids to write with personal voice and depth -your writing really struck me. Jo