Monday, June 22, 2009

Smoked Meat

The kids got Mike a smoker for Fathers day.. but before we get to that... I was doing alittle mulching and look who made a home in the mulch bags!! EWWWW!! of course I couldn't keep this to myself so I ran inside to find a manly man... unfortunately my manly man Christopher thinks just as fondly about snakes as I do.. BUT he was willing to get a shovel and kill it
Too bad his Mom wouldn't let him get close enough with the shovel!!!
There is a happy ending for all the snake lovers... Mike threw him in the woods... my guess he'll be back for revenge and bring friends....
Back to the smoker... Christopher and Mike put it together only to learn via the directions that you have to prime your smoker before use...ie smoke it empty... ahhh no smoked dinner for us

1 comment:

Jomama said...

Hey - thanks for the feedback. :)
I tried last summer to put like items together (just too many different items though) but decided i didn't like all one box (it's my ADD brain - have you seen Nicole Heady's room? She used all turqoise boxes and I guess I should have done that :(....) so I did the three and tried to make them symetrical across the craft cab and the shelves. I tried to go linear across spaces as I've seen in other spaces like Nicole Heady's. The CM items are black plastic and do not hold spray paint well... I really want some cabinet doors to close them off.

IDK. The shelves are an ugly grey and I think if they matched the cabinet that it would all blend better. BUT the work is going to be tremendous. Every site I've found says to sand the laminate, then clean, then prime, then paint, then clear coat with a sand in between each clear coat. OH MY GOSH! I will never finish at that rate.
Have you ever spray painted baskets? I did once, and must not have done it right as the paint didn't go through enough. Maybe I should look up a help desk on that. ;)

I really want Stacy - aka the interior designer to look at my stuff and suggest a new layout but I'm to chicken to ask. :)

Have you made any progress on your stuff? I'm anxious to see your painted piece.

You are sweet to respond. I am off for the summer so I'm consumed with project but just can't make decisions by myself...so you all hear from me.
Jo