Sunday, February 07, 2010

Sidelined by no power


So sorry for the delay in bringing you my time lapsed photography!! haha-- We lost power yesterday at 11am--apparently so did everyone off of Aden and all the way down Hoadly--Lots of tree down on the lines... any this is yesterday at 12:00 and yes still snowing!!

Of course shoving was an all day event-- I pretty much shoveled every other hour to stay on top of it-- One shovel width on the deck and One shovel width on the front walk-- Mike and Maizy felt sorry for me and came out to help!!


Maizy doing her shake-- not sure if it was the snow or the sweater!

This was at 5:45pm--stopped snowing *finally* I took this picture without flash.. But still did not capture what my eyes saw.. the sun had just about set and the sky was navy blue and the snow was sooo bright it almost glowed... I tried taking shots with and without the flash but just couldn't capture it.. I guess I need to read up on that.. see below-- with flash it looks like daytime..
And here it is at 9:30-- ohh so dark no more outside photos-- this is how I spent my night! me, Mr. Wiggles and Maizy by candlelight.. I read three magazines that way (caught up on a backlog!) and labeled some pages I printed out about my Cricut carts (die cutting machine) and then sorted through some magazine pages that I had ripped out and had stacked (waiting for me to do something with)
And of course waited by the phone...in hopes of hearing some news about when the power would come back... which by the way it didn't until this morning...23 hours later...





No comments: