Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Memorial Day weekend

Wow its Wednesday already-- I know I know.. I haven't been keeping up here... oh well -- at least I am trying.. The excuse of the day actually could be that I was away for part of the weekend. Went to the lake Friday night.. traffic wasn't as bad as most holiday weekends... stopped at the Hardees in town before we actually made it to River Road.. had to laugh must have been Mayberry RFD night because after ordering in the drive thru they told us to pull ahead and they would bring our food out to us.... well we waited and waited and peered in the window to see about 4 cops milling around... finally our food was brought out to us by one of those fine police officers-- complete with southern Drawl he politely thanked us for our patience and explained that the hold up was because there was alittle flood in the store!!! HAHA!! only in NC can a flood in "the" fast food restaurant bring out the police!!
The weekend was actually very relaxing.. Lots of sun--alittle yard work... and I convinced Becky and Corky of the Marina to put my boat in the water...(yes I always wait til a holiday weekend to make my last minute requests)--- we were soo relaxed in fact that we decided to go home early Sunday night so we could wake up Monday at home and get some chores done... All and All it was a good weekend... did I mention I got my stereo put in my car? I be jammin' now! and yes for those wondering Mike did get a "5--pounder".
V-

No comments: