Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Just the facts

Since I have to forum to rant I think I will.... Warning I am still angry and this might not be pretty!

UHAUL

Fact: I got online a rented a 17 ft truck 2 1/2 weeks before I needed it.
Fact: I paid by credit card.
Fact: I printed out my confirmation that says the location for pick up is not guarenteed but that we will be contacted if an alternate location is assigned.
Fact: I did what I was supposed to do in a timely fashion and I got screwed!

Fact: With less than 24 hours til we were to pick up the truck they called to confirm pick up of our truck in MARTINSBURG WV

Fact: Martinsburg WV is not in VA...
Fact: Martinsburg WV is 90 miles away
Fact: I tried to remain calm assuming this was just a clerical error.... as I sat on hold for 39.8 minutes with the Regional Customer service office
Fact: The girl I spoke to didn't apologize because this how they do things... They call the day before from the closet location.....
Fact: Martinsburg is about 1.5 hours away... EACH WAY..
Fact: We had friends who took off of work scheduled to be at our house at 10AM.
Fact: ONE WAY TRUCK rental is expensive and Uhaul had the best rates.
Fact: Trying to get a truck rented for next day service is hard
Fact: I was quoted $900 from Budget- $500 from Penski
Fact: I paid double to penski from what I had secured online with Uhaul.
Fact: Moving is stressful, Moving your child is more stressful, being told you don't have a moving van is a killer.
Fact: I will never use or recommend Uhaul EVER AGAIN.

Done -- and yes I feel better----

No comments: