Sunday, August 21, 2005

Where the antelope play

Over the years dining with my good buddy Kim and her husband has always been a treat --There are some people who come into your life and you gotta love them!!! I have known Kim for over 20 years and she never ceases to amaze me... Usually when you have dinner with friends you know what to expect... Dining with the Yeicks over the years has always been an event... from Crawdaddies to pigs ears.. to the finer pleasures of Remys.... Well last night was no different...
The Serbian Crown was our destination...All the way in Great Falls... of course our 7pm reservation turned into an 8pm reservation...typical of Kim and I.... You wouldn't know it from the outside... alittle on the shabby side.. but once inside you know you are in for a treat... and knowing Kim and Ken I wasn't sure exactly if it would be a good treat or what...
The first menu that arrived on the table should have clued me in for the night ahead of us...It was 4 pages of Vodka drinks... (hence Serbian..)

And then when the dinner menu arrived... I took a quick glance at the evenings specials and I knew they had done it again.... Kangaroo with port wine sauce...... hehehe yes my Red Russian almost came out of my nose as I started to giggle....

Well when the restaurant has Lion, Antelope, Emu and kangaroo on the menu of course you must have the wild game pate for an appetizer..... And why stop there... yes I ordered Antelope.. Ken had Emu, Mike was feeling wild and got a Game platter.... don't even ask! and Kim she stayed domestic with lamb!! In true style she all shared our exotic dishes... and enjoyed the wandering violinist, had decadent desserts and more wine than necessary....

You only live once.. might as well do it on the wild style

hmmmm Exactly how will I top this restaurant????


Tidying up after Moscow Lobster (cold lobster)

No comments: