Thursday, August 04, 2005

Musing about washers

Ok my new washer finally got delivered on Monday night... and yes it took me til Wednesday night to find the time to use them.... What a crazy week this has been... I know spending the money I did should guarentee a big smile on my face when I threw the dirty clothes in.. but really.. It just saddened me.. for 17 years I have loved my Extra Capacity Kenmore washer and Dryer... really I smile just thinkin about them.. they never let me down --they held EVERYTHING and they did the job day in and out... not much in my life has held up to those standards...
And now --well I guess its cool I could sit and watch the clothes go round should my life ever slow down to a dull roar... but its hard to be happy about something as slow as these babies... 54 minutes to do a regular wash and 27 for a Quick wash...
The question is do I dirty my clothes enough for the extra time???? granted no one plays on the playground any more... nor do they dig in the sandbox... but really how clean does the quick wash get those clothes????

And did I mention how darn big these things are??? they stick out way farther then my old ones... and they are sooo tall....


ahh changes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK- tell me something about these babies. I have chronic lower back problems. I would think bending down to reach into the washer to fish stuff out would be not so good for me. And yet, I can't stop thinking about that sweet blue set at Sears... But 50+ mintutes to do a load of wash? There goes my weekends ACK!

(and did you hear the baby panda is a boy?!)