Saturday, July 29, 2006

HOT HOT HOT

Oh my gosh could it be any hotter??? And of course we set up a list (a long list) of outdoor chores for this weekend. Mike moved his compressor to the new carport behind the garage, and we have powerwashed both carports and are working on the driveway. I replante some tall phlox and 4 hostas that I been growing in the woods and attempted to save some lambs ears that I had orginally planted when Amanda was in preschool... she liked to pet them... add to that the normal vacuming and dusting, and mopping the kitchen floor and its been a day!

Mike has finished the deck except for the lattice skirt--- the handrails and last steps are up and while they look great I preferred the stairs without them.... too bad the county wouldn't agree with me.

Before he put those last steps up I had to take a picture of Amandas handywork. She was here the morning Al poured the concrete footers... We have missed every other pour he has done at the house and were always alittle sad that we couldn't leave our mark-- But as you can see she made sure that no one would ever forget we were here!
And yes those are paw marks!!


A big congradulations to Miss Tiffany who called this morning to announce she has a new job. Can't think of the name of it right now but its in Lakeside-- yet another place in Richmond that I have no clue where it is... but trust me I can always use a place to stop when doing the trek down 95... anyway with everyone employed now I am feeling the stars are starting to align!! Life is good--

No comments: