Monday, July 24, 2006

Weekend

If I had known that all I had to do is leave Mr. Wiggles in the capable hands of Amanda and that he would be well in a snap I would have done that last week! We came home from the lake to an entirely differant cat then we left!! Mr. Wiggles was all over the house--jumping on furniture, climbing all over us and of course running at 500mph as Madison chased him. I think everyone should have a Dr. Doolittle like I do!!

No one told me exactly what was happening at the lake... little did I know that I was leaving the construction zone at home to enter the construction zone at the lake.
Robin, Mike and Tim successfully pulled electrical wires from the house to the boathouse, fixed the woodpecker hole and built new steps into the water... as well as fixed every sprinkler head that "JoeBob" hit with the backhoe...

Probably the only good thing about the weekend was celebrating Nick and Karens birthday... due to circumstances beyond our control we had to improvise on the "requested" ice cream cake.... shopping at Pea hill creek doesn't exactly lend itself to high cusine... so Tiffany and I used our enormous brains and made our own! oh yes what you are seeing is definately hostess cupcakes over moosetracks icecream--with some rather large tealight candles... but before you laugh.. it was good--no leftovers here!


One look and you can tell that Nick loved his cake!!

Despite telling Christopher this wasn't the weekend to drop in at the lake... way too much mud and way too much work to have any fun --he showed up anyway--and you know that was just fine with me. And added bonus Tiffany came with him.

No comments: