Sunday, December 10, 2006

The past

The weekend is winding down I got alittle christmas shopping done -- ok very little... I had this big plan to hit all these stores but gave up after 4. And my list really isn't any shorter. The crowds weren't bad and everyone seemed jolly-- I even made friends as I asked unsuspecting shoppers their opinions and even to model some of my choices-- hey you gotta do what you gotta do...

Yesterday Mike came home with another creation for my scrap room... A paper rack with pull out shelves!! It matches my big box and I must say it is a beauty! I am sure after the holidays I will have time to clean up my room and get things labeled and organized... But for now I shoved stuff in the cubbies and I will hunt and peck to find all my goodies!

We took a trip down memory lane last night. It was Matts birthday and we got together over at his house to celebrate. .
He showed a video from 1985 that had Chris, Mike, Mike and myself in it. I personally don't remember the party or him video taping but he reminded us that back then no one really had camcorders and he had rented this one for $75.00 for the night from Erol's (remember Erols??? back when we rented VHS tapes)and it was a big deal. To say that it was grainy is an understatement-- but it gave us all a few laughs. Its amazing how after 25+ years you end up on a Saturday night with the same people you grew up with and nothing much has really changed.. sure everyone got married (and divorced a few times) had kids--and became "grown up" but in the end they are the same-- I think we laughed at the same lame jokes, argued over the same silly subjects and the guys were just as competitive as ever. As for me-- I find myself learning to appreciate the new wives, remembering the old girlfriends and finding that no matter how much you think things have changed some things remain the same

No comments: