Sunday, December 05, 2010

DC date

I have been wanting to go to the Botanical Gardens in DC for awhile. I saw last year that they had a holiday display but we never made it with all the snow... and every time we were in DC we had Maizy. So this weekend I mentioned it again and amazingly Mike was up for it. They have the "gardens" broken up area-- desert, Jungle, medicinal, Hawaii etc.. It was amazingly hot and humid in most of the rooms. The outer corridor they had Christmas displays and it was nice an cool-- a harbor to escape to between viewing. All the monuments were recreated in wood with beautiful poinsettas around them.

Of course I wanted to see the outside gardens even though its winter and everything is dead and brown.. But they made it worth it by hiding this Moose out there!
Lets just say that after being in the hot moist jungle wearing a heavy sweater and coat I was uncomfortably sweaty and going outside in the cold wasn't the brightest idea... made it just seem colder... but being steps away from the capitol I wanted to walk over and see the Grant statue and gaze upon the capitol as well...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love the picture of you and the moose. Maybe its because I live in Canada and see these creatures during the summer.