Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010--Hello 2011

Another year draws to a close-- time seems to fly by faster than I can catch it... It hurts to even try and remember last year it all --seems like a blur.. we had numerous weddings, vacations that didn't happen, a new boat, we got overly acquainted with our easy pass on great trips to NJ, unplanned new furniture, tomatos tomatos tomatos, and how could I forget the SNOW?? the lake crossing, family visits, and visits to see family, lots of Nascar....yes it was a year!! Through sickness and health we muddled through it and now its on to another one!

I am not one to usually make new years resolutions--or at least take them seriously but this year I have made a few that I plan on keeping...come hell or high water (or even snow blizzards) I plan on pushing toward keeping them...
  • Move more --Eat less--- a tall order but the D word needs to be more than just a passing fling.. it needs to become a reality.. I have a plan in place... 2 weeks of no sugar and low low carbs-- and then its back to weight watchers for me... I can drop 40 pounds. I can ....
  • Take more photos... document more life. I think Project 365 is calling my name.
  •  Stop worrying about what I can't control.. Taking a page from Bill Cosby : “I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.”
  • Find a schedule to balance the work and the fun by using my calendar.
  • Create more and think less-- I spend alot of time thinking about what I want to do... but not enough time actually doing it.
  • Rework my basement to include a bathroom, laundry room and storage.
  • take a photography class
  • Complete my ever growing list of scrapbooking projects
  • Visit Christopher in VA. Beach
  • Update my house--with a critical eye we have to move forward to 2011 and remove the 1980's.
Its a list... a big ol list but achievable by organization, hard work and lots of list making...

Here's to a healthy happy and prosperous new year-- to challenges we overcome, and remembering to throw caution the wind to seek out good times!

No comments: