Friday, March 09, 2007

Its alittle like ground hog day



I swear I have lived this day already.... once again there are tarps and plastic covering a fair amount of the house... and really my bedroom and the bathrooms are the only rooms of refuge!
The painting has begun and what a smell!! They have to seal the walls with the stinkiest paint known to man... so bad that it is really slow going as the painters can't stand to work in the room for very long while applying it.. We have to shuttle the dogs outside in fear of brain damage and to just catch some fresh air ourselves.
With all the painting and such comes alot of decisions too... yes I thought I made the choice on the countertops.. but that has changed. We found a better counter at a better price. Now we will have granite... pretty swanky for our small kitchen but it actually will fit better in the budget. Next up comes a new sink and faucets-- We have picked out one that looks similar to this one The faucet is a harder choice as I really like the one I have... but there are some new very stylish models out there-- What I want is style with a built in sprayer and a matching soap dispenser with an arc that will work with both sinks...too much to ask for??

No comments: