Sunday, March 25, 2007

Looking like home again

Its starting to look like home again. This weekend we made a big push to get the house back in working order... a few hours in the basement, a hammer and nails to hang pictures and 2 trips to the dump and I think we can resume normal life. (that is until my kitchen cabinets arrive and then there will be chaos again)

We did accomplish alot for one weekend:

  • Visited a carpet wholesaler to pick out carpet... I think we have narrowed it down. 2 samples are being mailed to us
  • Mike picked up the new stove and the microwave that will hang over it (a first for us)
  • Kitchen floor got mopped
  • Iron Railing got painted
  • Pictures are hung in the family room
  • Wine cooler got moved downstairs
  • Desk in the family room is now in the basement waiting for a rebirth in someone elses home
  • Books that I decided to get rid of are in my car so I can take them to the used book store
  • Took 2 huge bags of "stuff" off the basement shelves-- off to the dump with them
  • Grass seed put down and yard fertilized
  • Laundry Done (not put away as of this moment)
  • All the glass removed from the collage picture frames, cleaned, pictures retaped and ready to be put on the wall (on a night when creativity returns to my body)

And we managed to watch some of the March madness and yesterdays Busch race in Bristol...

What more could one want out of a weekend? Next week... gotta turn in my final payment for the ALASKA 25/50 cruise-- alittle over 2 months to go! Still have some planning to do.. and shopping ofcourse!

And then of course I am still mulling over choices for the kitchen wall color and new lights....and I need to find curtains for the family room....

Funny of the weekend: Christopher came home... surprise visit... He was a big help in hauling stuff out of the house-- BIG THANKYOU! but as we hauled stuff out... he was hauling stuff in!! HAHA-- a few boxes.... kitchen stuff he said... and then I saw the box of hats that I thought went to the dump.... oh well some things are just not meant to leave....

No comments: