Monday, August 07, 2006

grocery store

God bless the man who calls his wife and asks if there is anything we need at the grocery---Why of course there is!! We always need something... and to be honest I can't remember the last big grocery trip we've made or when the last time we actually had bread and milk in the house at the same time... but alias it doesn't seem to be affecting our waistlines at all. As a matter of fact it has made dinner alittle more creative.

Speaking of dinner last night... about 30 peices of BBQ chicken, 3 bottles of wine, Mac and cheese that I made with powdered milk (shhh don't tell the kids), canned corn and broccoli salad, 2 loaves of french bread ---oh and rice for Corey--- lots of laughs, alittle intelligent conversation and good company...

See I guess there is food in the house-- it just takes alittle more effort to get it together... Hopefully with Mike hitting the store It will take alittle less creativity and its One less stop for me... and as always it'll be a surprise when I get home.

1 comment:

kok said...

Can you get me some milk and bread too?