Monday, August 28, 2006

Move in and move on


The weekend came and it was time to move Karen and Time into their new lake house. Its a huge place that I know they will have many pleasant memories made in.
Living at the lake.. its been my dream for so long, but as life threw us curve balls it was pushed to the back burner so many times that now just not even a topic of discussion anymore.
We used to take the boat out every chance we got and look for FOR SALE signs, and read the lake book till the pages came out-- we've walked more lots than I can even remember yet ownership has been elusive. I am happy that Karen was able to fulfill her dream-- even happier that shes close enough to Toni's that we can visit on the boat without any hassle. We'll miss her spiced eggs in the morning but I know that weekend gossip, laying in the sun and dinner will continue we'll just have another dock to share the good times on
We came home from the lake with one stinky dog--Madisons infatuation with Duck poop become alittle odiferous this weekend. While its funny to watch her run down to the yard and roll in it -- not so much fun to ride home in the car with her--- And poor Amanda had her for an extra hour in the car... good news is she did get a bath once she made it to Christiansburg-- While I am gonna miss Madison alot I know she'll do her job and keep good care of Amanda in the weeks to come. Did I mention Chris has a kitten?? I wonder if kittens can care for their owners?

Ohh-- and for those keeping track its raining for the first time in... forever... I am taking it as a good sign... wash away the old... clean up for the new

1 comment:

kok said...

and there are no words to say thank you to mike and vicki and toni and robin...what would have been 2 days of work got knocked out in 1/2 day..

vicki - sunday...mimosa's and spicy omlette's at the casa ! plus of course, lots of bacon!